Sunday, August 30, 2009

Blackberry cobbler 2

So I tried a different recipe for cobbler and it is just as easy but tastes better! More cakey pudding type stuff around the blackberries, although I think maybe I just need to make a sponge cake and have blackberries on top of it to get the feeling I wanted with this the first time. The recipe:

4 c berries
1/4 c sugar
1 T lemon juice

1 egg
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c melted butter
4 T milk
1/2 c self-rising flour

mix berries, sugar and lemon juice in a 8x8 square baking dish, them mix all the other ingredients in a bowl and pour the batter over the berries. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes or until done (like every other recipe, this takes at least 20 minutes more in my oven.)

I didn't have self-rising flour so I substituted 1/2 cup all purpose flour with 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda added.

I have lots more blackberries that we canned so I can try other things throughout the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment